Are you looking for ways to send photos via WhatsApp in full resolution without losing quality? This article will help you. WhatsApp is among the top messaging app that is serving about 1.5 billion active users worldwide. Most smartphone users prefer sending a text via WhatsApp than via SMS. The reason is very simple; it is free, easy to use, and packs a lot of features. On WhatsApp, along with sending text messages and pictures, you can also send videos, your location, documents, audio, contacts, and more. Most people, however, use WhatsApp to send texts and photos. The convenient of sending an urgent picture instantly is making more and more people use WhatsApp. While you can transfer images immediately, the picture quality is something most people complain about. Every time you send a photo, WhatsApp compresses the picture to save the receiving persons mobile data and saving their server load.
This is fine as long as you are not sending any photo that you want in full resolution and don’t want to lose in the picture quality. If you are also one of such people who wants to send a photo in WhatsApp in high quality and without losing the picture quality, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will share 3 different methods you can apply when you want to send a picture via WhatsApp without the compression.
Table of Contents
How to Send Original Photos in WhatsApp Without Losing the Picture Quality
These are the top 3 methods we would suggest anyone wanting to send full resolution images in WhatsApp without compromising on picture quality.
1. Send Images as Documents
We all just send an image as an image, but by doing so, we are telling WhatsApp that we are sending a photo file and then WhatsApp just compress it to save its server load. But when we send an image file as a document, WhatsApp generally won’t mess with that file.
How to Send an Image as a Document on WhatsApp
- Open WhatsApp and go to the person you want to send the loose-less images.
- Tap on attachment option (paperclip icon) and here instead of selecting gallery, select ‘Documents.’
- Now browse to the file and send it.
It will show as a document on the receiving persons WhatsApp. Just ask him/her to download the file and then open it. It should open as a normal image file with original quality.
As long as the image is not too big in size, WhatsApp will keep the original resolution. But when you send a large picture, then you might see slight degradations in image quality.
2. Upload the Image to Cloud
Another way you can save images from getting compressed by WhatsApp is by uploading your photo to cloud storage and sending the link to the recipient. There are multiple cloud storage services you can use to your advantage. We would suggest Google Drive, iCloud (if you are an iOS user) and Dropbox. All of these service offer at least 5GB of free storage when you sign up and Google Drive can offer up to 15GB if you are using an Android device.
How to Use Cloud Storage to Send Looseless images on WhatsApp?
- First of all, upload the photo(s) to your favorite cloud service by using their mobile app or website.
- Then click on share from the cloud storage app, and you will get a shareable link.
- Share that link to your WhatsApp contact(s).
- To view the image, the recipient has to click on the link and download the photo.
This way, you will be able to send high-quality images without going through WhatsApp compression.
3. Create a ZIP File With your Photo(s)
WhatsApp can not peek inside a ZIP file compression that avoids getting compressed by WhatsApp all together. This trick is helpful if you are sending multiple photos and/or photos are of large size.
How to Create a ZIP File With Photos and Send Via WhatsApp
- If you are on Android, check first if your default file manager allows you to create a ZIP file. If you have that option, then you can simply create a ZIP file from your file manager without using any third-party apps.
- if your Android phone doesn’t have this feature, then you can use third-party file manager apps like Astro File Manager to create archive out of single or multiple images.
- For iOS users, you can Blunder app to create ZIP files.
- After creating a ZIP file out of your photo(s), it is time to send that file to your WhatsApp contact.
- Open WhatsApp, select the contact you want to send the image(s). Now tap on the attachment icon (paperclip icon) and choose Documents.
- Browse to your newly created ZIP file and then send that file.
Make sure the recipient has ZIP file extractor app or a file manager that supports ZIP file.
These are the top 3 methods we here at Barcode Hero would suggest. By using these methods, you will be able to send unlimited numbers of photos via WhatsApp in full resolution and without losing any quality. There are other ways as well, like renaming the file and others. We feel those methods of sending uncompressed WhatsApp images are complicated and not reliable. Anyway, we would love to know your thoughts on this article? Were you able to send original quality photos from WhatsApp by following our guide? Please tell us all in your comments.